TechNet Webcast: Choosing the Right Edition of SQL Server 2005 (Level 200)
Microsoft SQL Server.
IT Implem_IT Generalist.
Microsoft SQL Server 2005 has a number of editions to support your data requirements, including the small hobbyist database, large enterprise database applications, scale-up or scale-out architectures, and disconnected
data architectures. In this webcast, we explore the key features and differences between the following SQL Server editions to help you choose the best edition for supporting your data requirements:
- Microsoft SQL Server 2005 Enterprise Edition
- Microsoft SQL Server 2005 Standard Edition
- Microsoft SQL Server 2005 Workgroup Edition
- Microsoft SQL Server 2005 Express Edition
- Microsoft SQL Server 2005 Compact Edition
Presenter: Lara Rubbelke, Service Line Leader, Digineer
Lara Rubbelke is a service line leader with Digineer in Minneapolis, MN, where she consults on architecting, implementing, and improving Microsoft SQL Server solutions. Her expertise involves online transaction processing (OLTP) and online analytical processing
(OLAP) systems; extract, transform, and load (ETL); and the business intelligence (BI) life cycle. Lara is an active leader of the local Professional Association for SQL Server (PASS) chapter. She shares her passion for SQL Server with the community through
technical presentations at local, regional, and national conferences, in addition to user groups and webcasts. Lara recently authored a white paper for Microsoft, in which she details the features of Microsoft SQL Server 2005 Enterprise Edition.
Choose how you want to access this content:
- View the webcast online (slides, demonstrations, and audio): Register above.
- Download the webcast (slides, demonstrations, and audio): Register above.
- Download the webcast PowerPoint: Register above.
- Download the podcast (audio only):
MP3 (right click and ‘save target as’ to download)
- Subscribe to the RSS feed for the podcast series:
View other sessions from:
SQL Server: Upgrade Your Skills To 2005.
If you have questions or feedback,