TechNet Webcast: 24 Hours of SQL Server 2008: Data Mining (Level 200)
Microsoft SQL Server.
IT Implem_IT Generalist.
Contoso wants to implement data mining to help the sales department better understand its customer base and forecast future sales based on historical trends. In this webcast, we review the data mining capabilities
of the Microsoft business intelligence (BI) platform, including:
- Using Microsoft SQL Server Data Mining Add-ins for Excel for table analysis.
- Developing a mining structure with multiple mining models.
- Viewing mining model results including drill-through and reviewing accuracy.
- Viewing results of mining models using Data Mining Add-ins for Excel.
Using the Time Series algorithm for forecasting.
Presenter: Donald Farmer, Principal Program Manager, Microsoft Corporation and Lynn Langit, Developer Evangelist, Microsoft Corporation
Donald Farmer has worked in the Microsoft Business Intelligence team since 2001. He has worked on both the Microsoft SQL Server Analysis Services and Integration Services product teams. Donald is now a principal program manager for SQL Server Analysis Services,
working to build a seamless integration of predictive and exploratory analytics with the Microsoft business intelligence offering. Donald is a popular speaker at international events for both business and technical audiences on a wide range of topics, such
as data integration, information quality, metadata intelligence, master data management, and predictive analytics. He is the author of a number of articles and books, including The Rational Guide to Extending SSIS 2005 (Rational Press, 2007). Prior to joining
Microsoft, Donald worked not only in business intelligence, but also in fields as varied as medieval archaeology and fish farming.
Choose how you want to access this content:
- View the webcast online (slides, demonstrations, and audio): Register above.
- Download the webcast (slides, demonstrations, and audio): Register above.
- Download the webcast PowerPoint: Register above.
- Download the podcast (audio only):
MP3 (right click and ‘save target as’ to download)
- Subscribe to the RSS feed for the podcast series:
View other sessions from:
SQL Server 2008: Access Your Data Any Place, Any Time.
If you have questions or feedback,